YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO US
BOOKING CONDITIONS. Our main interest is that you have the best holiday possible. To ensure the holiday contract is free from ambiguity and satisfies both parties, it is important that you and your party read these booking conditions as they are the conditions you agree to on behalf of your group when you sign the Booking Form.
1. BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY. All bookings must be made on the form provided and must be accompanied by a £125 deposit and insurance premium per person. If you book within eight weeks of departure you must forward the full cost of the holiday, with the form.
Within seven days we will send you our confirmation which acts as our acceptance of your booking in accordance with the conditions below. The Contract made is in accordance with English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. PAYMENT OF THE HOLIDAY. If the balance is not received by the due date then Ski Olympic reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
3. CHANGING A BOOKING. If you change your booking, e.g. different date, resort, chalet/hotel, airport or ferry reservation, provided there is availability, we will do our best to help. We will need confirmation of any change in writing by fax or mail. There is an administrative charge of £50 per booking per change plus any extra payment which may be incurred due to a difference in the holiday cost and/or any charges levied by our suppliers.
The only exception to the above is a change of name, where there will be an administration charge of £30 plus an insurance premium for the new passenger, if applicable. If the departure date is within 14 days there is an administrative charge of £50 per booking per change plus any extra payment which may be incurred due to a difference in the holiday cost and/or any charges levied by our suppliers.
4. CANCELLATION OF YOUR HOLIDAY. If the balance is not received by the due date then Ski Olympic reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THE BOOKING FORM.
If a cancellation is made more than 8 weeks before intended departure, only the deposit is forfeited. Otherwise, the scale of charges given below applies:
Between 29 - 56 days - 40%
Between 15 - 28 days - 65%
Less than 15 days - 100%
N.B. Your insurance premium is non-refundable
As well as the above charges, rooms under occupancy or loss of group discounts may apply to the remaining group members if the cancellation changes the groups qualifications.
NOTE. Depending on the reason for your cancellation the charges may be claimable under the terms of your holiday insurance.
5. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT. In spite of all our best efforts, we recognise that problems sometimes do occur. If you have a complaint please tell our local representative immediately so that they can help you. Problems are most easily sorted on the spot. If the problem cannot be resolved locally you must fill in a customer complaints form which must be signed by the Ski Olympic representative and sent to our office within 28 days of your return. This will be dealt with after due consultation with our resort staff.
HOLIDAY PARTICIPATION. Children under the age of 18 years are accepted on condition that they remain the responsibility of their head of the family or in his or her absence the person signing the booking form.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS. You require a current passport for any holiday outside the UK. N.B. A visa will be required by non British or EEC passport holders visiting France (check with your consulate).
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS. We advise you obtain from your local post office or online a form EHIC to allow you to obtain reciprocal health benefits in France. At time of printing no compulsory vaccinations or inoculations are required by British citizens on holiday in France.
SKIING. At all times, every effort is made by Ski Olympic to ensure your safety, whether on a hosted session or not. However, clients must at all times when skiing, use their own judgement based on their abilities.
Ski Olympic cannot be held responsible where a client shows no due regard for the terrain, the conditions, and other participants. (See Item 7 PERSONAL INJURY). We reserve the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a client if their conduct is disruptive and affecting the enjoyment of other holidaymakers, and we will be under no liability for any extra costs incurred by such a person as a result of doing so.
In the event of illness during the holiday it is the responsibility of the client to pay all doctors fees, hospital expenses, repatriation expenses and Ski Olympic shall not be liable for any refund either partial or total of passage money paid. If Ski Olympic should provide any financial assistance to a client who has relevant cover under their holiday insurance, the client must agree rights for Ski Olympic to claim in the clients place. (See Item 7 PERSONAL INJURY).
7. YOUR ACCOMMODATION. Numbers of people in the accommodation are limited to those on the Booking Form. Subletting, sharing, or assignment is prohibited. Where deposits or cautions are taken in the resort, they will be held against damage, loss or extra services used during the holiday. The deposit will be returned at the end of the holiday less any sums claimed in respect to damage or loss by the owner of the accommodation or his agent.
8. YOUR TICKET CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL DETAILS. Departure timing will be confirmed two weeks before departure or on receipt of your final payment, whichever is the less. It is your responsibility to report promptly, at the advertised times and we cannot be held responsible for any additional costs if you fail to do so. This also applies to any departure times quoted by coach or courier staff on route. No refunds can be made for unused portions of travel tickets or unused accommodation services provided. All departures may be subject to delays and Ski Olympic are not responsible for any delays experienced.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
1. PROVISION OF YOUR HOLIDAY. We will arrange for the provision to you of the services which form part of the inclusive holiday as confirmed to you. The services will be provided either directly by ourselves or by independently contracted suppliers. When we receive your signed booking form and return a deposit receipt this acts as acceptance of the booking on the terms of these conditions from that moment. All holidays and offers advertised in this brochure are subject to availability.
2. PRICES AND SURCHARGES. a. All our prices in this brochure are based on the rates of exchange and known costs prevailing at 2nd July 2015 as published in the Financial Times, World Currency Table on 3rd July 2015. Publication date of this brochure is 11th July 2015. The price of your holiday is subject to surcharges on the following items: governmental action, currency, aircraft fuel, overflying charges and increases in scheduled air fares.
If this means paying more than 10& on the holiday price, you will be entitled to cancel your holiday with a full refund of all money paid except any premium paid to us for the holiday insurance and amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel because of this, you must exercise your right within 14 days from the issue date on the invoice.
b. DISCOUNTED HOLIDAYS. From time to time we do discount our holidays. The holidays we offer are package holidays (include a flight and transfer), which means we commit to flight seats for the entire season. These seats are NOT sale or return, therefore in an attempt to limit any losses it may become necessary to discount holidays. There is no set rule to this happening, it can happen at any time to any chalet/chalethotel for any date. We do always try to limit discounts to chalets/chalethotels which are empty but this is not always possible. If you have booked a holiday which subsequently is reduced you will not be entitled to a refund of the difference. Please remember booking early enables you to generally book your first choice chalet and the best rooms.
3. DISCOUNTS AND FREE PLACE OFFERS. We reserve the right to limit the number of discounts applicable per client. Please note the free places are given under the following conditions:
a. All members of the group must be full fare paying passengers. No other reductions can apply.
b. The booking must be handled by one person and the whole group must be travelling to the same resort.
c. Deposits for all members of the group must be paid.
d. The reduction applies to the basic holiday cost only.
e. Free places are normally an extra bed in a bedroom
4. IF WE CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY. To maintain efficiency it may be necessary, on occasions to make some alterations to travel or holiday arrangements. We will always tell you of any major change as soon as reasonably practical as long as there is time before your departure.
A MAJOR change is defined as an alteration of scheduled departure or return of more than 12 hours, a change of airport, a change of accommodation to a lower standard, or to that of a completely different type. If we advise you of a major change, you may:- a. accept an alternative offered. b. book any other available holiday with us, applying the credit scale below against brochure price. c. cancel your booking and receive a full and prompt refund.
If our advice to you is:
More than 56 days before departure - Nil
43 - 56 days before departure - £10
29 - 42 days before departure - £15 per fare paying passenger
28 - 15 days before departure - £20 per fare paying passenger
Less than 14 days before departure - £30 per fare paying passenger
NOTE. Compensation payments do not apply to changes caused by reason of war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, technical problems due to transport, closure or congestion of airports, cancellation or changes of schedules by airlines and similar events beyond our control. However, your travel insurance would normally offer cover in respect of some of these eventualities.
5. IF WE CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY. We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday. In this event we will return all money you have paid us or will offer you an alternative holiday to purchase of comparable standard.
6. WHAT HAPPENS TO COMPLAINTS ARBITRATION. Disputes arising out of, or in connection with, this contract which cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration under a special scheme which, though devised by arrangement with ABTA, is administered quite independently by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. The scheme (details on request) provides for a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on the customer in respect of costs. The scheme does not apply to claims for an amount greater than £1,500 per person/£7,500 per booking form, nor to claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequences of such injury or illness.
7. FORCE MAJEURE. Ski Olympic will not be liable for problems or delays caused by strikes, riots, political unrest, hostilities, war terrorist activity, industrial disputes, fire, flood, tornadoes, hurricanes, transportation problems, airport closures, weather conditions or any other even beyond our immediate control. We suggest that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover such eventualities. Ski Olympic cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by "force majeure". In these bookings conditions, "force majeure" means any event, which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. PERSONAL INJURY (WHILST PARTICIPATING IN ARRANGEMENTS MADE BY US). We have taken all reasonable and proper steps to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for all the holidays which are advertised in this brochure and for excursions as described, and that the suppliers of the various services provided to you as part of the inclusive holiday are efficient, safe and reputable businesses, and that they comply with the local and national laws and regulations of the country in which they provide those services. We have no direct control over the provision of services to clients by suppliers. However, subject to the Note below, we will pay to our clients the equivalent of such damages as they would be entitled to receive under English law in an English court for any personal injury to the client. Including illness or death, caused by the negligence, as understood in English law, of the servants or agents of ourselves or of any of our suppliers contracted or sub-contracted by us to provide any part of the arrangements for your holiday as described in this brochure or excursions as described above, except for air or sea transportation arrangements for which separate conditions apply.
NOTE: WE WILL MAKE PAYMENTS AS STATED ABOVE PROVIDED:
a. the injured clients notify us of any claim for personal injury within 3 months of their return from holiday.
b. they assign to Ski Olympic any rights against a supplier or any other person or party they may have relating to the claim.
c. they agree to cooperate fully with us should we or our Insurers with to enforce those rights which have been assigned to us. This assignment is necessary to enable us to try and recover any costs and it is not our intention to profit. In the unlikely event of recovering more than such compensation and costs, any excess will be paid to the injured client.
9. PERSONAL INJURY (UNCONNECTED WITH ARRANGEMENTS MADE BY US).
a. Should you or any member of your party suffer illness, personal injury or death, through any misadventure out of an activity which does not form part of our holiday arrangements, nor part of any excursion sold through us, we shall offer you every assistance we can. This includes advice, guidance and initial finance assistance in the form of Legal Expenses Insurance, where appropriate up to a limit of £5,000 per person.
b. PERSONAL INJURY WHILST ON HOLIDAY
Chalets and chalethotels are of traditional design and construction and as such contain features that possibly may be a risk of accident or a cause of injury, such as low head room at stairways and doorways, open staircases and banisters, tile and wood stair treads and floors, open fires and ranges, hot surfaces and fixtures, steps, low ceilings and low beams, outside access to and from chalets and chalethotels (whether snow/ice covered or not). You acknowledge and accept responsibility for these and any other risks, and you agree and accept that we are not liable for any injuries, accidents or losses sustained by you.